In Presentation Waterford we aim to provide our students with an education that equips them for life and living in the modern world. We aim to challenge students to share with us the Christian vision of life. We have drawn up a Mission Statement that describes the kind of school we wish to be. We hope that every member of the school community will attempt to live by it.
Presentation Waterford is an innovative school drawing on the talents and skills of staff, students and parents to provide a host of educational programmes and projects. Participation is encouraged in the extensive range of extra-curricular activities on offer and care is also taken to ensure the well-being and happiness of each and every student in the school.
To maintain a positive and happy atmosphere in the school, we have a number of structures in place which facilitate good communication between students, teachers and parents.
- Each class group has a Class Tutor who helps his or her class and is someone students can go to if they have concerns. A Class Tutor is attentive to the pastoral needs and general well-being of the students in their group.
- Each year group has a Year Head who monitors the progress and behaviour of students in their year groups. They deal with any discipline problems and meet their students to discuss term reports and general academic progress.
- We have two Guidance Counsellors, who give comprehensive guidance to all our students. For more information, see the Guidance page.
- A long established Senior Prefect System offers our students varied opportunities for leadership and encourages responsibility and good school spirit.
- Our Student Council allows students to become actively involved within the school community and develops a sense of belonging and of responsibility.
- An induction programme aimed at facilitating the transition of students from primary to secondary school is the newest feature of our student care structures.
The Pre Exam 2018 timetable is now available - click on the Calendar tab, then the Examinations tab to view.
We are the only girls school in the region to offer Politics & Society to 5th & 6th Year students - click on the Curriculum tab, then the Senior Cycle tab to read about this subject.
Calendars for the new school year are now available, click on the Calendar tab to view.
The extra-curricular clubs are up and running, click on the Extra-Curricular tab, then the Sports tab to view the timetable.
To facilitate the implementation of the new Junior Cycle programme we will have a timetable format for the 2017-2018 academic year, click here to view.
Summer 2017 Newsletter is now available - click on the About Us tab, then the Newsletters tab to read.
Click here to view a fantastic video about our Basketball team's trip to Limoges, April 2015.
The report from the WSE/MLL Evaluation that took place in May 2014 has been published. Click on the Curriculum Tab to read the report.
Scroll to end of this page and click on the photogallery to view photos from Awards Night.
Click on the About Us tab, then the History tab to read 'Looking Back', the reflection delivered by 2 past pupils and 1 current pupil at the Official Opening.