In Presentation Waterford we aim to provide our students with an education that equips them for life and living in the modern world. We aim to challenge students to share with us the Christian vision of life. We have drawn up a Mission Statement that describes the kind of school we wish to be. We hope that every member of the school community will attempt to live by it.
Presentation Waterford is an innovative school drawing on the talents and skills of staff, students and parents to provide a host of educational programmes and projects. Participation is encouraged in the extensive range of extra-curricular activities on offer and care is also taken to ensure the well-being and happiness of each and every student in the school.
To maintain a positive and happy atmosphere in the school, we have a number of structures in place which facilitate good communication between students, teachers and parents.
- Each class group has a Class Tutor who helps his or her class and is someone students can go to if they have concerns. A Class Tutor is attentive to the pastoral needs and general well-being of the students in their group.
- Each year group has a Year Head who monitors the progress and behaviour of students in their year groups. They deal with any discipline problems and meet their students to discuss term reports and general academic progress.
- We have two Guidance Counsellors, who give comprehensive guidance to all our students. For more information, see the Guidance page.
- A long established Senior Prefect System offers our students varied opportunities for leadership and encourages responsibility and good school spirit.
- Our Student Council allows students to become actively involved within the school community and develops a sense of belonging and of responsibility.
- An induction programme aimed at facilitating the transition of students from primary to secondary school is the newest feature of our student care structures.
To facilitate the implementation of the new Junior Cycle programme we will have a timetable format for the 2017-2018 academic year, click here to view.
Summer 2017 Newsletter is now available - click on the About Us tab, then the Newsletters tab to read.
Congratulations to our new Head Girl Ruth Walsh and Deputy Head Girl Megan Thornton
Book lists for 2017-18 are now available - click on the Curriculum tab, then the Book Rental tab to view
The timetable for the Summer Exam and revision blocks is now available, click on the Calendars tab, then the Examination tab.
We have been shortlisted for the Bord G√°is Student Theatre Awards on May 17th, best of luck to all.
The timetables for the Junior and Leaving Certificate exams are now available, click on the Calendar tab, then the Examination tab to view.
The Christmas Newsletter is now available - click on the About Us tab, then the Newsletter tab.
The calendars for 2016-2017 are now available - Click on the Calendar tab to view.
Click here to view a fantastic video about our Basketball team's trip to Limoges, April 2015.
Click on the parents tab, then Upcoming Events to read about courses for parents starting in October
Click here to read a letter from the Principal, Mr. Adrian Gibbs
Click on the Calendar tab to view the Calendar for 2015-2016
Click on the About Us tab, then the Newsletter tab to read the Summer 2015 Newsletter
Click here to read the Transition Year 2015-2016 Brochure
The report from the WSE/MLL Evaluation that took place in May 2014 has been published. Click on the Curriculum Tab to read the report.
Scroll to end of this page and click on the photogallery to view photos from Awards Night.
Click on the About Us tab, then the History tab to read 'Looking Back', the reflection delivered by 2 past pupils and 1 current pupil at the Official Opening.