The Home School Community Liaison Scheme operates in our school through the coordinating teacher, Ms Helen Byrne. Her main role is to support the families and parents so that they can help their children to avail fully of their educational and personal opportunities. The scheme recognises the parents as the primary educators of their children and acknowledges that parents who actively encourage and are involved in their child's education raise confident adults who are able to take their place in society.
With this in mind, the Home School Community Scheme aims to:
· Foster positive links between home and school by encouraging parents to become more involved in their children's education
· Facilitate greater contact and interaction between parents, teachers and local, voluntary, statutory and community groups
· Encourage self development so that parents can improve their literacy and other skills and realise their own potential and how much they have to offer to their children, the school and the wider community.
Activities undertaken by the Home School Community Liaison teacher:
· Home Visits are made by the coordinating teacher, Ms Byrne, to get to know the parents, discuss their child's progress and support the parents in dealing with the school and education system.
· Various training and classes are promoted and provided. These can range from leisure activities, personal development, literacy to further education. Yoga, Cookery, Health and Beauty, Family Communication and Self-Esteem, and others as required, are available to parents through school and other local agencies.
· Meetings, collaboration and cooperation with the education and welfare providers, such as the School Completion programme and Education Welfare Board, to encourage students to complete their education.
· Cooperation with and input into school-based activities where parents can have a positive input.
· Maintains and advances the work of the Local Committee which is comprised of HSCL coordinators of local schools, parent representatives, community agencies, school principals, student representatives and other educational and welfare services. The Local Committee works on an educational issue relevant to the local community. Recent activities undertaken by the Local Committee have been : production of healthy eating leaflet and ‘One Book, One Community' literacy project.
Any parent/guardian of a student of Presentation Secondary School can become involved in these activities. If you would like to be involved or if you have suggestions for other classes or activities, please contact Mrs Beglin at 086 7941610.
To facilitate the implementation of the new Junior Cycle programme we will have a timetable format for the 2017-2018 academic year, click here to view.
Summer 2017 Newsletter is now available - click on the About Us tab, then the Newsletters tab to read.
Congratulations to our new Head Girl Ruth Walsh and Deputy Head Girl Megan Thornton
Book lists for 2017-18 are now available - click on the Curriculum tab, then the Book Rental tab to view
The timetable for the Summer Exam and revision blocks is now available, click on the Calendars tab, then the Examination tab.
We have been shortlisted for the Bord Gáis Student Theatre Awards on May 17th, best of luck to all.
The timetables for the Junior and Leaving Certificate exams are now available, click on the Calendar tab, then the Examination tab to view.
The Christmas Newsletter is now available - click on the About Us tab, then the Newsletter tab.
The calendars for 2016-2017 are now available - Click on the Calendar tab to view.
Click here to view a fantastic video about our Basketball team's trip to Limoges, April 2015.
Click on the parents tab, then Upcoming Events to read about courses for parents starting in October
Click here to read a letter from the Principal, Mr. Adrian Gibbs
Click on the Calendar tab to view the Calendar for 2015-2016
Click on the About Us tab, then the Newsletter tab to read the Summer 2015 Newsletter
Click here to read the Transition Year 2015-2016 Brochure
The report from the WSE/MLL Evaluation that took place in May 2014 has been published. Click on the Curriculum Tab to read the report.
Scroll to end of this page and click on the photogallery to view photos from Awards Night.
Click on the About Us tab, then the History tab to read 'Looking Back', the reflection delivered by 2 past pupils and 1 current pupil at the Official Opening.