Transition Year is a compulsory one year programme. It provides a bridge to enable students make the transition from Junior to Senior Cycle. It encourages personal and social development and recognises the need for students to grow in independence. Research shows that students who take TY obtain higher CAO points on average than those who don't.
Students who participate most enthusiastically tend to benefit most from the year. The programme includes the following:
· Study of basic subjects to provide a foundation for Leaving Certificate work
· Taste of Business and Science subjects to help with subject choice for 5th year.
· Study of non-exam, hobby type subjects e.g. Gardening, Hair & Beauty
· Life Skills e.g. Personal Development, Social Education, ICT, exposure to a wide range of opinions and experiences
· Development of personal initiative e.g. Enterprise, fund-raising for charity, fund-raising for school musical
· Development of poise and confidence e.g. Speech & Drama, participation in school musical
Coding - New
Food Science/Hair and Beauty/Art
Speech and Drama
Politics - New
The Pre Exam 2018 timetable is now available - click on the Calendar tab, then the Examinations tab to view.
We are the only girls school in the region to offer Politics & Society to 5th & 6th Year students - click on the Curriculum tab, then the Senior Cycle tab to read about this subject.
Calendars for the new school year are now available, click on the Calendar tab to view.
The extra-curricular clubs are up and running, click on the Extra-Curricular tab, then the Sports tab to view the timetable.
To facilitate the implementation of the new Junior Cycle programme we will have a timetable format for the 2017-2018 academic year, click here to view.
Summer 2017 Newsletter is now available - click on the About Us tab, then the Newsletters tab to read.
Click here to view a fantastic video about our Basketball team's trip to Limoges, April 2015.
The report from the WSE/MLL Evaluation that took place in May 2014 has been published. Click on the Curriculum Tab to read the report.
Scroll to end of this page and click on the photogallery to view photos from Awards Night.
Click on the About Us tab, then the History tab to read 'Looking Back', the reflection delivered by 2 past pupils and 1 current pupil at the Official Opening.