· The Greenschools Committee was formed in September 2012
· Meetings take place once a week on Wednesdays 1-1.30 in Room 32
· Greenschool Committee Members for 2013/2014 listed below – consist of 4th years, 3rd years, 1st Years and Staff
Greenschools Committee Work in 2012/2013
Worked on Litter and Waste Theme
Wipe Out Waste Day of Action –Tuesday 23rd
· Received the school’s first ever Green Flag for Litter and Waste at a ceremony in Kilkenny on May 28th 2013
· Green Flag raising Ceremony in school car park – Monday 21st October 2013
Greenschools Committee Work in 2013/2014
· Formed new Greenschools Committee in September 2013 (See list below)
Green School Committee Members
Chairperson: Aisling O’ Brien (3rd Year)
Vice Chairperson: Michelle Dalton (TY)
Secretary: Courtney Healy (TY)
Assistant Secretary: Laurie Fitzek (TY)
P.R.O.: Becky Roche (TY), Nicola Cooney (TY), Charlotte Kennedy (TY)
Committee Members: Teachers: Ms O'Sullivan, Ms O'Shaughnessy
Heather O’ Neil
Rhiannon Kavanagh Rebecca O’Donohue
The Green-schools committee also works closely with the following:
Caretakers: Michael Caulfield and Billy Collins
Cleaning Staff: Sinead, Pauline, Marian, Ann, Mary
School Management: Mrs Ryan and Ms Gallen
Parents’ Association and Waterford City Council
· New committee began working towards Energy Flag – This will be a two year process.
· Currently monitoring the school’s electricity and gas bills, electricity and gas metre readings as part of an environmental review.
· Carried out a Draught and Insulation survey with Michael Caulfield (Caretaker)
· Surveyed Junior Cert CSPE students to determine the level of awareness of energy conservation.
· TY Environment class carried out a Lighting and Appliance Audit as well as a clean-up of the school building and grounds.
· Currently carrying out Action Plan to reduce our energy consumption in the school. Will focus on a ‘Switch it off Campaign’ to target computers/monitors/printers and this has been identified as a key area where energy is wasted.
· Hope to apply for Energy Flag during 2014/2015 school year.
To facilitate the implementation of the new Junior Cycle programme we will have a timetable format for the 2017-2018 academic year, click here to view.
Summer 2017 Newsletter is now available - click on the About Us tab, then the Newsletters tab to read.
Congratulations to our new Head Girl Ruth Walsh and Deputy Head Girl Megan Thornton
Book lists for 2017-18 are now available - click on the Curriculum tab, then the Book Rental tab to view
The timetable for the Summer Exam and revision blocks is now available, click on the Calendars tab, then the Examination tab.
We have been shortlisted for the Bord Gáis Student Theatre Awards on May 17th, best of luck to all.
The timetables for the Junior and Leaving Certificate exams are now available, click on the Calendar tab, then the Examination tab to view.
The Christmas Newsletter is now available - click on the About Us tab, then the Newsletter tab.
The calendars for 2016-2017 are now available - Click on the Calendar tab to view.
Click here to view a fantastic video about our Basketball team's trip to Limoges, April 2015.
Click on the parents tab, then Upcoming Events to read about courses for parents starting in October
Click here to read a letter from the Principal, Mr. Adrian Gibbs
Click on the Calendar tab to view the Calendar for 2015-2016
Click on the About Us tab, then the Newsletter tab to read the Summer 2015 Newsletter
Click here to read the Transition Year 2015-2016 Brochure
The report from the WSE/MLL Evaluation that took place in May 2014 has been published. Click on the Curriculum Tab to read the report.
Scroll to end of this page and click on the photogallery to view photos from Awards Night.
Click on the About Us tab, then the History tab to read 'Looking Back', the reflection delivered by 2 past pupils and 1 current pupil at the Official Opening.