The Leaving Certificate Business course has been designed to prepare students for the rapidly changing business environment. It is concerned with the understanding of the environment in which business operates in Ireland and in the wider world.
This is a practical and vocationally-oriented course that introduces students to the world of Business in a straightforward and logical way. It aims to create an awareness of the importance of Business activity and to develop a positive and ethical attitude towards it.
The course sets out to illustrate practical skills needed by entrepreneurs, the process of setting up a business and developing a new product or service. It emphasises the importance of good management and deals with skills and activities necessary for good management practice. It also deals with the impact of technology, foreign trade, global firms, business structures and the national economy.
Why study Leaving Certificate Business?
- It contributes to a balanced and appropriate general education, leading to the personal and social development of each student together with a fostering of the concepts of business and enterprise.
- It creates an awareness of the business environment and provides each student with the knowledge, understanding and skills leading to a personal competence and responsible participation in this changing and challenging environment.
- It caters for present-day Irish business education and allows students to demonstrate an understanding of the complex and changing situations within business.
- It continues from, and develops Business Studies at Junior Certificate.
· It provides an educational background that will help you succeed in a wide variety of jobs.
The members of the Business Studies Department are:-
Ms. Sandra Keating
Ms. Rae Meagher
Mr. Vivian Lonergan
The Pre Exam 2018 timetable is now available - click on the Calendar tab, then the Examinations tab to view.
We are the only girls school in the region to offer Politics & Society to 5th & 6th Year students - click on the Curriculum tab, then the Senior Cycle tab to read about this subject.
Calendars for the new school year are now available, click on the Calendar tab to view.
The extra-curricular clubs are up and running, click on the Extra-Curricular tab, then the Sports tab to view the timetable.
To facilitate the implementation of the new Junior Cycle programme we will have a timetable format for the 2017-2018 academic year, click here to view.
Summer 2017 Newsletter is now available - click on the About Us tab, then the Newsletters tab to read.
Click here to view a fantastic video about our Basketball team's trip to Limoges, April 2015.
The report from the WSE/MLL Evaluation that took place in May 2014 has been published. Click on the Curriculum Tab to read the report.
Scroll to end of this page and click on the photogallery to view photos from Awards Night.
Click on the About Us tab, then the History tab to read 'Looking Back', the reflection delivered by 2 past pupils and 1 current pupil at the Official Opening.