The Leaving Certificate Business course has been designed to prepare students for the rapidly changing business environment. It is concerned with the understanding of the environment in which business operates in Ireland and in the wider world.
This is a practical and vocationally-oriented course that introduces students to the world of Business in a straightforward and logical way. It aims to create an awareness of the importance of Business activity and to develop a positive and ethical attitude towards it.
The course sets out to illustrate practical skills needed by entrepreneurs, the process of setting up a business and developing a new product or service. It emphasises the importance of good management and deals with skills and activities necessary for good management practice. It also deals with the impact of technology, foreign trade, global firms, business structures and the national economy.
Why study Leaving Certificate Business?
- It contributes to a balanced and appropriate general education, leading to the personal and social development of each student together with a fostering of the concepts of business and enterprise.
- It creates an awareness of the business environment and provides each student with the knowledge, understanding and skills leading to a personal competence and responsible participation in this changing and challenging environment.
- It caters for present-day Irish business education and allows students to demonstrate an understanding of the complex and changing situations within business.
- It continues from, and develops Business Studies at Junior Certificate.
· It provides an educational background that will help you succeed in a wide variety of jobs.
The members of the Business Studies Department are:-
Ms. Sandra Keating
Ms. Rae Meagher
Mr. Vivian Lonergan
Click on the About Us tab, then the Newsletter tab to read the Summer 2015 Newsletter.
Click here to read the Transition Year 2015-2016 Brochure
Please click here to read letter from the Principal.
The report from the WSE/MLL Evaluation that took place in May 2014 has been published. Click on the Curriculum Tab to read the report.
Scroll to end of this page and click on the photogallery to view photos from Awards Night.
Click on the About Us tab, then the History tab to read 'Looking Back', the reflection delivered by 2 past pupils and 1 current pupil at the Official Opening.