The school community consists of students, staff, parents and board of management. The parents' association is the structure through which parents in our school can work together for the best possible education for their children. The parents' association works with the principal, staff and board of management to build an effective partnership of home and school. It facilitates the school in obtaining the parents' perspective on the education of their children and facilitates the parents in obtaining the school's perspective on educational issues. Membership of the parents' association is open to all parents/guardians of students in the school.
Some of the activities of the Parents' Association are:
· Attendance at 5/6 meetings per year or as issues arise
· Consultation and discussion with principal on relevant school policies
· Organising speakers for parents' meetings
· Fundraising activities such as the raffle at the annual school musical and participating in the ‘bag pack' for the Lourdes fund
· Providing refreshments at school activities
· Other activities as necessary